Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well I wouldn't consider 1 Formula E drivers title and 2 Formula E constructors titles "the side lines", but yeah he's been dismal in the AT this year and we may yet see Danny Ric before the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

I could absolutely do without celebrities on the grid walk, but if they’re going to be there, how hard is it to memorise a couple of sentences about how you’re looking forward to see someone race or you think some team could be good.

Better than looking like an entitled prat on TV anyway.

There's a cynic in me that thinks Sky puts Cara up to it in order to attract attention to the grid walk and get it "trending". Let's face it, nobody is talking about David Coulthard and Mark Webber getting awkward comments from Pep Guardiola or a lovely chat with Hannah Waddington from Game of Thrones and Ted Lasso. No, it's always the snubs that get talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes Nyck De Vyres needs to go and so does Bottas. I have veen saying it for ages that Bottas should retire. He just does not seem that interested anymore. Not sure about Sergio. I would give him till season end but Alex Albon would be perfect for that second Red Bull seat.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You can tell which ones are into F1 as they nearly always say "Lewis" when asked who are they supporting. Ones who are into it might mention someone else.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Exactly especially now. Who was it that said they wanted to see Lewis win an 8th WDC championship lol? They could be waiting a long time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

True, but having watched Formula E it is indeed single seater racing but it's so different to formula 1, essentially a glorified peloton where you don't want to be leading untill the last lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Yeah, De Vries has been poor but the AT looks like a poor car, one that’s difficult for any driver to really shine in.

I think Brundle mentioned that the drivers were asked to pick their top 3 this season so far and a lot put Tsunoda in that list, recognising he’s driving that car probably as well as it can be driven, even though that’s just amounted to 2 points finishes this season.

Bottas absolutely feels like he’s there for the money alright, can see him retiring soon enough or going to a different series.

Perez is a tricky one alright and him leaving RB early might depend on who’s available. Think another year at Williams would be good for Albon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Albon is not the right guy for the RB seat. He's already shown that, similar to Gasly, he can do well in an underdog team like AT or williams but doesnt have the head to drive in a top car. Perez has been ok in that seat until now and I'm not really a perez fan at all. You need a safe pair of hands. For every Schumacher there has to be an Irvine or Barrichello. For every Hakkinen a DC. Competent drivers on their day but just missing the edge of a champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,361 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I don't know. They promoted him too fast and didn't give him a chance. But for Hamilton crashing into him twice, he would have had a brilliant start at redbull.

I don't see them going straight back to albon again though.

Ricciardo in doing the tyre Test. I think they will have to put him in the car after the summer break. What have they to lose.... if he drives like his old self, they have got one of the top 3 or 4 on the grid at what I would assume to be rock bottom wages.

If he is slow, well, nothing to lose at this stage of year. Championships are won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yeah if Ricciardo isnt back in the RB this year or end of year he probably wont get a seat again. Unless it's replacing devries which I thinjk would be harsh.

Perez to AT, Ricciardo to RB and DeVries out would be my prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I think de Vries will be safe. Sure he isn't having a great season, but on the plus side, he isin't getting demolished by Tsunoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Alonso this year is my jam

Ms

We will see if Alonso is still smiling when Mclaren jump ahead of Aston Martin later in the year. The way both teams are going that could happen. Mclaren are improving and Aston are stalling.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

That Alonso smile couldn't have been timed any better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

Looks like DeVries is out and Danny Ric is back

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Drop him in to AT for the rest of the season to put a bit of pressure on Perez?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭SimpleDimple

Hey has anyone experience with getting tickets for F1 races - it seems like a fairly confusing process in that you can buy from formula1.com itself but also from somewhere like f1experiences or motorsporttickets as well?

I’m hoping to go to the Dutch gp next year, looks like you sign up for a ticket lottery in the end of August, does that make sense or an I missing something? Also is that just for formula1.com or do the vendor websites tend to grab their own allocation that you can then buy with a bit less urgency?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

The Dutch GP is over-subscribed. They could sell more tickets than are available so you have to sign up to the lottery to get the chance to buy tickets for it.

If you have the cash hospitality tickets are on other sites but very expensive. You can also find tickets on some sports travel travel agents but they also make you buy a package of flights/hotel and its expensive.

The best value way of getting tickets is to sign up to the lottery and hope for the best, Other circuits would have more tickets available. Silverstone had 480,000 tickets for the weekend. So you could buy them on the Silverstone website up to the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭SimpleDimple

Cheers! I was leaning towards the Dutch one due to what seems to be good organisation and ease of getting to the track, I heard horror stories from a friend who went to Barcelona so want the least hassle.

Any other tracks worth considering that are easy to get to? I’d be looking to do the Saturday and Sunday, fly in on the Friday or Saturday and preferably not camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Delighted to see Danny Ric back if this is true. Would be very interesting to see if he's the equal to (or better of) Tsunoda.

Also, do they need to change the f1 intro now?

They'll just paste Danny's head over Nick's head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Confirmed now on F1.com

Ms

That is great. Hopefully Danny can do OK in that car and get back up the grid maybe to Aston Martin beside Alonso maybe. That would be great. Unfortunately I do not see him going back to Alpine or Mclaren anythime soon but Maybe Red Bull next year if Perez does not improve and Danny is doing better. Would be great to see him in a Ferrari but do not think that will ever happen now either.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭This is it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement