Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ferrari launch on the 14th of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Philip Morris International, the cigarette company.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

I was full sure they had ran a darker red livery in the mid teens when Alonso was driving close to cardinal res above... Some googling has set me straight though!

• Advertisement

I think they did change the red in 2007 at the Monaco GP. It went to a darker shade for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I think Alpha Tauri are launching 11th Feb in NYC. No context in their social media post other than 'save the date'.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I did like the red ferrari used for the 1000th gp livery, thought they should have used that for a season

Merry Christmas y'all.

Ms

Merry Christmas to all in here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Happy Christmas all! How many Sundays until lights out?

Well there ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I can't believe McLaren Technology Centre is copied from a movie set. 😜. No originality in any of their designs 😁😂

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

The MTC got plenty of screen time in Avenue 5 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Tonight at 9pm on Sky Documentaries and Sky Sports F1 is a documentary called "Jackie Stewart"

Happy New Year! About six weeks or so to go to the first car launch of the season. Let's Go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They definitely did run a very dark red around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Data Analyst

I think there will be fireworks in McLaren and Alpine this year.

Norris v Piastri - Ocon v Gasly

I cant see any harmony in either team.

I also think we may see De Vries upsetting Tsunoda in Alpha Tauri which may lead to a move at the end of the season.

Post edited by Data Analyst on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

You can probably add Aston Martin to that list. Alonso isn't going to handle the Stroll situation as graciously as Vettel did.

Don't think it would be an upset if De Vries beats Tsunoda - he may be an F1 rookie but he's older, more experienced in motorsport, and a proven champion in both F2 and FE. Tsunoda hasn't had anything like that level of achievement and got fast tracked to F1 mostly thanks to Honda support. I do agree that we could see Tsunoda out the door at the end of the year - RB have loosened their ties to Honda and it seems wildly unlikely that a promotion to the top team would ever be on the cards for him so I'm sure they'd be looking to bring in another young prospect instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Moneygram are the the new Haas sponsors. Looking forward to the memes.

• Advertisement

Alpine launch on the 16th of February in London.

Apparently they'll be able to operate at the budget cap now, so that's very promising..

Hope they change their colours though, the 2022 car wasn't a looker. The older black colour scheme (at least for the overalls and stuff) was much better..

I'll disagree on the black car, that was with Rich Energy and it was a mess of a thing.

Their 2017 and 2018 cars were really on point though.

Andretti and Cadillac bidding to join f1. Hopefully this is a slamdunk and they join in 2026.

Ms

Yes very interesting development this. I wonder who will supply there power unit to them. I am going with either Honda or Red Bull Power trains but maybe Renault could too. There was talks of an Andretti team having Renault power units but with Cadillic joining them maybe that all changes.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Great to have another large car manufacturer in the sport. It's interesting that GM chose Cadillac over Chevrolet though, as I would have though Chevrolet would be better known internationally. Are Cadillac going to enter the European market 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

I'm finding it unclear what GM's level of involvement in this is. Some articles talk about them having an engine facility and others talk about them looking for a PU partner such as Honda. Surely that's a vitally important piece of information - are they going in as a full works team or will Andretti Cadillac basically be equivalent to Sauber Alfa Romeo?

I'd imagine with only 3 years to the new engine formula it's probably too late to be developing a new power unit - in contrast VW group have been preparing their entry for years.

I remember there was a lot of hype about Haas joining F1 with NASCAR championships behind them and how important it was for the American market, but they've barely made a dent on the sport. Andretti are a much larger operation for sure but I think they'd need proper full manufacturer support to end up as anything other than perennial midfielders.

Car launch dates so far:

Aston Martin - 13th of February (Monday)

McLaren - 13th of February (Monday)

Ferrari - 14th of February (Tuesday)

Alpine - 16th of February (Thursday)

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭thefa

Might make more sense to push the more premium brand through association with F1. Could have better growth potential than Chevy in existing or new markets as you say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement