Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick query regarding construction

Options
  • 23-11-2022 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

I live abroad but am building to move home. Signed a construction agreement in the summer with a promise that construction would start in august. Hasn’t started yet. It’s been one excuse after another.

what would anyone do?

I suspect the company knows I won’t / can’t be breathing down their neck, but was told 13 months to finish date from what should have been august, and was really hoping to be in by next Christmas.

My worry is that this will be an ongoing pattern.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What sort of agreement did you sign, and, do you have a solicitor to review it?

And, is there an architect or engineer involved?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I'd say come home for a fortnight and sort it to get it going.

There is nothing quite like being there in person to get it moving. But at this point, you'd probably be looking at a start date of Jan/Feb.

You need a project manager also, if you are going to be abroad for most of the build. Either have an engineer or an architect on site driving the job, or employ a construction company that will give you a dedicated project manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

13 months in this building environment is not realistic and based on the broken promise of even starting the project I would reconsider your contractor.

Did you pay any monies over yet?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Something sounds fishy here…

Advertisement