Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flockwatch

• 25-11-2022 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭

See flockwatch are doing a sale for black Friday, was considering subscribing to the premium plan as a way of improving and monitoring flock performance. Anyone on here using it ,if so how do you find it and is it worth the money, does it make a big difference when it comes to recording and monitoring performance?

Will also have to invest in an eid tag reader, anyone recommend a good model?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

I have it now a year. I didn’t put any weights into it this year but plan to next year to see if there’s any benefit. As they say the more you put in the more you get out of it

there was more options on the home menu which were meant to be coming soon but these have now disappeared. I heard someone say the war in Ukraine interrupted the development of some features believe it or not.

The main benefit of it is for the medicine side of things. If you keep on top of things and input data there and then, come inspection time for bord Bia you just have to print out a report. It’s very handy that way.

i forget what I paid but I do know it’s pricey enough. One thing though is they have a great back up team that will return a call Quickly.

overall I’m going to keep using it. I read lately that they are after getting a big investment so you’d imagine they’ll develop it further.

on the Eid reader, I got a simple allflex branded one that they recommended. I would tell you you’d be better off buying the right one. This one connects to your phone but if your phone locks it stops recording even though it will be beeping away like it’s working. Got caught out a few times like that. A tag reader is grant aided under tams so it it’ll take the sting out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Would agree with everything faraway grass has said

has been a godsend here in the last year as we upped numbers fairly fast and were moving groups about. Found it very simple to use but would like to see more added to it also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tileman

I had herd watch and upgraded to flock watch during year. When it can to renewal they charged me for both. When I rang up they refunded the herd watch. Howe we herd watch wad about 50€ cheaper than flock watch with no additional benefits. All they have is medicine compliance which I already had in feed watch. Allot of features coming soon they say. Not impressed for the cost involved

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jaydevenney

Hi I have created a sheep app for use on our own farm and have made it free for Irish sheep farmers as times are tough. You can find out more at www.flocket.ie it’s first version and will continue to add more features. Happy to take feedback as well. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Good on you for trying to develop something. I had a look at it there, my first issue was the lack of sheep breeds, didn't have Dorsets, Mules, Perth BF, Lanark BF or Swaledale on it, so I couldn't progress to adding animals to it. I'll have another look at it tonight and see how it operates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jaydevenney

Thank you for the feedback, it is really appreciated. I have been adding additional features to the app based on comments for other users including updated breeds list I will be pushing it out in the next couple of weeks. Let me know if anything else you would like to add as well thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭kk.man

Can you scan the eid tag on to it when selling/buying/tagging?

Advertisement