Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely redundancy in January, how can I survive off €208 JB a week with 1200 monthly rent?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Is being homeless in Dublin a more appealing prospect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭machaseh

I find that the motivation to for example study for IT related certifications is lower, and my motivation to prepare for job interviews as well. I did have a few interviews running lately but I approached the interviewer a bit too critical I think. I was interviewing them more than they were interviewing me, because I want to avoid ending up in a toxic workplace like my previous job. My current job has very nice colleagues, but the company is about to die. Maybe they were too nice and that's why that happened, I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭RoTelly

As a person who works in IT and is on the way out there is a reason for the lack of motivation in doing another waste of time certificate, but that could be the company I work for. I am gone in 2 years hopefully.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

But you were creating a toxic work place by abusing your colleagues through your native language. Almost seems cowardly and arrogant.

You mention IT. What part of IT do you work in? Some areas are 10 a penny.

Also I bet you sneer at Irish people when you meet them. Yet you wonder why they're not gagging over you.

If you're in a relationship you hate, you get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭whomadewho

Like a lot of lads, I lost my job in the construction industry back in 2009. I has a 350k mortgage to pay on a house worth half that but you just do what you have to do survive. I spent a bit of time on the dole then I got on a CE scheme, worked in M&S, delivered leaflets, washed windows. I did everything and anything to pay my mortgage.

You know are going your loose your job so go out a get another one, there are plenty out there if are willing to Work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Telling a foreigner who clearly is unhappy with both the country and its citizens to leave isn’t racist or discriminatory. Despite the criticism you have levelled at us, you seem unusually thin skinned when it comes to the response. You are an economic migrant, if the culture and economics of living here no longer suit you, the obvious question is why stay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Telling a foreigner to leave the country is racist. Simply noticing that their handiman skills aren't the best is just stating a fact. And the thing about homeless tents on O Connell Street is a failure of the government you voted for. I can't vote here, only the Irish can.

@machaseh Hold on your here 5 years you can apply for citizenship.

Hold on you live in Dublin and you are an EU citizen you can vote in local elections and European Elections.

Local elections .... local facilities ... care of the homeless and others.

You being general toward a country, just because you are a foreigner living in a country doesn't mean your not racist towards others in the country, you are making general statements and name calling, this is the definition. Or do you just become racists when you say it in your own country?

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

I'd be more inclined to give more time to somebody who went out there and digged deep to put food on the table, even if it wasn't a job they wanted as opposed to somebody who did nothing apart from whinging and what can I expect.

It's not easy and I've been there.

So OP, there is light at the end of the tunnel, but you have to remove tunnel vision and arrogance.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lots of reports coming in about this thread. I'm closing it, but will not get to check through all the reports until later, and further action may follow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement