Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Fixed Rates Increase - what rate will I get

• 25-11-2022 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I was on a VR 2.75. I sent the Amendment form last Thursday but hadn’t received any confirmation. Was moving to 3yr Fixed 2.85. With today’s announcement that will now be 3.35. I have a quick ring late afternoon to understand the situation and the agent confirmed that they received for and it was under review. He suggested that I would get the 2.85, but wondering has anyone a opinion on that or previous experience.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭CPTM

They said via RTE today that the previous rates will be available until 16th January. If you get sorted before January you should be ok. Stay on top of them though because they're slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mactheknife19

i think that might relate more to new mortgage drawdown. In this case I’m expecting confirmation by letter sometime next week that I’ve moved to a FR, but wondering will it be the 2.85 or the 3.35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

They have been very clear that those already with applications in will get the previous rate.

The same applied at the last increase.

You will get 2.85%

Advertisement