Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apartment building without energy subsidy

Options
  • 26-11-2022 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi !

I am looking for information if the landlord can change the electricity supplier without the consent of the tenant!
    I live in a block of flats where the landlord has connected all the flats to the supplier's prepay power without the consent of the residents!
    the contract with the supplier was concluded on a sub caccant basis, i.e. his company plus the tenant!
    Prepay power refused to grant energy subsidies because the account is considered commercial!
    I'm trying to find out if this is legal and if I can file a lawsuit against it!
    I think that every tenant should be able to choose their electricity provider!
    Can anyone help us in this situation?
    Is the CRU the appropriate institution for complaints?
    Thanks 
    Voyth

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

What does your tenancy agreement say in relation to utility suppliers?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The credit is assigned to each ESB meter.

mid each unit has its own meter then they are eligible if not then no joy.

the bills should be in their tenants name

Advertisement