Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned by beasty for submitting a link to Chris Hedges show.

Options
  • 26-11-2022 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

In the Russia thread https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058195983/russia-threadbanned-users-in-op#latest

I submitted a link to the pulitzer prize winning journalist Chris Hedges show where they discuss the Ukraine war and it's impact on the world.

I got an instant thread ban from beasty.

I posted in that thread about a month ago and was roundly attacked and my mental health questioned and then I was further threatened by beasty when attempting to defend myself. At the time I considered reporting beasty but didn't.

I would like to report his behaviour now which I see as bullying.

Kind Regards,

Sean

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You were banned from posting in the thread on 26 September

You PM'd me and I asked you what your complaint was. You never responded to my PM

Yesterday you posted in the thread

As you posted when threadbanned I issued a 1 point warning and deleted the post

Very basic moderation in action

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭coolbeans

You've a very low threshold for bullying seeing as you're anonymous and not being bullied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

I posted in Russia supporting Sabina Higgins' call for a ceasefire in Ukraine and was called amongst other things a schizophrenic weirdo and then threatened by beasty for defending myself. It now transpires he later banned me on September 26th.

When the moderator joins a chorus of abuse instead of moderating, I see bullying as a good descriptor although I could think of other descriptors too.

Is this the official boards response? Accept thread abuse such as being called a schizophrenic weirdo and then a subsequent ban for being abused. What would you call it when the victim of abuse is then harassed by the moderator?

Just because it's an anonymous forum does not mean I do not have feelings.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As I have already told you via PM - you received a PM from me on 26 September telling you not to post in the thread again

Do you accept you received such a PM? And if the answer is yes do you accept you breached that threadban?

Did you report any of the posts you are now complaining about?

You have called me a bully. Please provide examples of where you claim I was bullying you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Firstly, I did not call you a bully, I accused you of bullying. There is a big difference as even nice people can have off days.

Here is my example.

I wrote:

Perhaps the Russian's analysed the situation.

Maybe, from their perspective, the ethnic Russian's are being targeted in Ukraine, Ukraine states in its constitution its desire to join NATO (organisation with Russia as principal enemy), USA continues to invest significant money in Ukraine including weapons and there's loads of explosions in Donetsk as massive ceasefire violations take place. They decide the time has come to act.

Is Russia isolated or the global West? 84% of the world have no sanctions on Russia.

This whole thing stinks to me and Ukraine is in the middle with ordinary Ukranian and Russian people being massacred.

I would like to see the EU trying to separate the warring countries. Sin ea.

Your warning:

Quit the trolling. Next time it's a threadban

Your warning completely dismisses my opinion and agency as 'trolling'. You point to nothing specific.

Prior to this warning, you issued a warning calling my response 'cool your jets keyboard warrior', to a poster who addressed me as a schizophrenic weirdo as uncivil.

I didn't report posts. I can deal with such attacks but it is different when it is compounded by attacks from a moderator.

I got this from you on the 26th

"You really want to draw parallels with what the Russians are up to?

I warned you about trolling this thread before. Do not post in it again"

I did not realise it was a thread ban.

Again, it was due to expression of a less radicalised pro war opinion.

Insulted, abused by the thread participants and then ejected by you the moderator for having a different viewpoint.

Imagine that in a school, you are being expelled for wanting peace. If that is not bullying, I don't know what is.

• Advertisement

The "Do not post in it again" was a very clear instruction

And I refute any suggestion of bullying. I was acting as a moderator of the forum

You are now complaining that I did not act against posts you did not report

And just to add, leading up to your threadban, in addition to what you have already posted above

17 September you responded to another user

"Goodness, cool your jets keyboard warrior. What would your Mam say" - and you accuse me of bullying!

On 25 September you were warned for trying to bring the USA, Saudi Arabia and Yemen into the discussion of the war in Ukraine

I stand by all my assertions as a moderator here. Your threadban is not being lifted. My assessment that you were trolling remains. Your pointed warning for ignoring your threadban is not being lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jackiebt

It's the Russia thread, you toe the line or out you go. Complaining about Beasty's blatant Biases and behaviour is a total waste of time, there's a long list of people who tried and failed, this is not his first rodeo and he's got all the power I'm afraid.

Advertisement