Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Clerical Officer or Civil Service Clerical Officer

Options
  • 26-11-2022 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am on the panel for both positions and was wondering if I could get some opinions on which would be best to take if I get to job offer stage. I'd like to know the pro's and con's of both or which would be a better organisation to work for.

TIA.

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Caoimhe2

I like the hse in that you are on a panel the jobs are sent to you and if your interested you express an interest and you have a good chance if you are high enough up the panel where as the civil service campaign that I went for when they got close to your oom you were called for interview if you passed you are giving your position. As far as I know hse is 1 flexi day a month civil service is day and a half but hse working hours are 35 I choose hse..Best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Augme

Never worked for the HSE so can't comment. On the Civil Service the following are what I would consider the positives. A bit of a generalisation as departments might be a bit different on certain things.

- currently good promotion options in the Civil Service.

- decent variety in work as departments can be very different.

- ability to transfer to different departments and internally too.

- depts generally very accommodating when it comes to paying for additional diplomas/degrees and other extra training courses

• Registered Users Posts: 34,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Civil service working hours are also 35 per week now.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement