Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendation for Audi A3 Timing belt/waterpump Replacement

• 26-11-2022 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Relation bought a 2015 Audi A3 1.6D recently and there is 200kms on the clock and no confirmation if the belt was changed previously.

Where would ye recommend in or around Maynooth to get this done?

What kits would ye advise to go for/avoid?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Daltons near Portlaoise any good to you? They are VW/Audi specalists and highly thought of around here. Also your nearly always better leaving the mechanic/garage source the parts, they will get the right parts, buy them at trade price cheaper than you and standover them if they fail prematurely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would price a VW/Skoda/Audi dealer for the job too, they often have offers on for timing belt jobs. I have a 2.0 TDI Skoda and main dealer were offering timing belt and water pump for €490 as an add-on to the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Thanks for replies guys.

Audi is €650 booking on line or €750 otherwise.

I remember George Dalton from years ago on boards.ie,I will email them for a quote though getting there may be awkaward from Maynooth as they are not open on Saturdays to drop the car in.

Is George still om board.ie?

If there are anymore recommendations closer to Maynooth/Baldonnell, I would welcome the options.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Thanks Guys, appreciate the responses above.

The car has 18" Luxxan inspire S4 tyres on it and though they have loads of thread, should be swopped out ASAP?

I presume these are a budget tyre similar to Triangle tyre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Assuming they’re 225/40R18 they’re actually not an outrageously expensive tyre. Good Year Efficientgrip in that size should be around €125 each and are a nice quiet grippy tyre that gets good mileage.

Try a few emergency stops in the wet with what you have and see how much ABS involvement there is before you stop. It’s a good indicator to how good the tyres are.

Advertisement