Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boundary

• 27-11-2022 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey all, looking for some advice .Built my house coming on 20 years ago. At the time the boundary ditch with a neighbours field was basically non existent in places so I banked it up with clay. But what I did not take into account was that I was blocking the natural flow of water. We are on a gentle slope.Roll on a few years and after a blast of heavy rain, the water backs up at the other side of the ditch and finds it way into my property and runs between my house and garage into my septic tank man holes filling up my septic tank.To remedy this I dug a hole in the bank and put in a 6 inch pipe to take away the water and back filled the bank. It works a treat.My neighbour spotted the pipe and had a go at me.I explained what it was for and taught all was ok.Until over the last few weeks I spotted the neighbours blocking up the pipe. I asked them what was their issue and they said I did not ask their permission to put in the pipe. They also ranted on about us planting trees on ditches without asking and for tidying up a small overgrown section of my garden , that I have changed the aspect of their view when they walk the field .What is one to do in this situation!!

Comments

Advertisement