Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shanballa

Options
  • 27-11-2022 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I’m currently renting out by the coast and looking to buy in Ennis. One of the estates that seems to have an almost continuous supply of houses for sale in the various parts of it over the last year is Shanballa out on the Lahinch Road. All of them seemingly of a good standard and some excellent.

It seems strange that so many would want to sell their good quality houses unless they are either not all they seem or there are problems with living there.

Does anyone living in Ennis know anything about the estate? Pyrite, anti social behaviour? I’d appreciate any input. Thanks

Post edited by Larsheen on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Built in 2005-2008 from memory. Draw whatever conclusions you might from that! I'd suggest viewing some houses for sale and seeing if anything looks 'off' to you. Bring someone with building experience with you who might spot things awry etc.

If you google it though, I don't see any news reports of anti-social nor any courts appearances giving the address etc. Never heard anything bad about the place so I'd guess it's really just quality of the build you need to be satisfied with. Can't remember who actually built the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Larsheen

Yes, I can find no negative reports either and the build looks good so I’m going to buy. I can’t remember the builders name either, from Galway and very reputable by all accounts. Thanks for your comment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

the very best of luck! Hope you're very happy there :)

Advertisement