Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview RTE 1 audio desync

Options
  • 27-11-2022 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

We get saorview through an aerial, put in by an installer several years ago. Aerial is on a pole above the apex, there's a box of some kind under it, and a coax cable that comes into the house to an amplifier box. Then from the amplifier box into the walker tv. We can't get any signal at all without the amplifier box.

About two weeks ago RTE 1 started displaying lots of blocky corruption, tearing, green blocks, intermittent audio. The picture has since returned to normal but audio is now totally desynced.

I don't have this problem on any other saorview channel.

Any ideas how I might try to better diagnose what has gone wrong, or if I need to buy a new amplifier box or hire someone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,558 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

RTE 1 shares a frequency with other channels, see the link below.

Are these channels similarly affected?

If not do a full Saorview retune.

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?mux=PSB-MUX-2&liste=2&live=15&lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 15,558 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Using the inbuilt signal meter check the signal strength and quality readings for both Saorview frequencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cakedrive

A rescan seems to have sorted it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Antenna

I came across similar recently, they usually receive from Spur Hill, a strong signal there with no issues, but the (Walker) receiver had for some reason retuned itself to Mullaghanish for the RTE1 etc MUX only, which was breaking up etc (which is weak and off-beam on their aerial)

Post edited by Antenna on

Advertisement