Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stove Without Firebricks or Tray

• 27-11-2022 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭

Have had a stove for over 10 years. The latest grate became completely warped and broken and the latest edition of cut up fire board had disintegrated. Found a very solid looking fire grate in my local hardware store which fits perfectly, there is only a small space between it and the walls of the stove. And it is actually giving out very good heat again (the DIY fire boards had reduced this). Haven't been able to fit the ash tray back in due to the legs of the grate.

I'm trying to get an idea how long the stove may last like this: without any fire board or tray. I plan on checking walls and base regularly but are wondering whether it will hold up, warp slowly or warp quite quickly.

Anyone have experience of this or know ?

Comments

Advertisement