Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance as a "young" driver

Options
  • 28-11-2022 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone,

I am 23 years old, got my full Irish license in March of 2018. ( was taught how to drive when I was 10 y/o by granddad, and been driving very frequently since I turned 16)mind you that I was born and raised in another country.

Being insured on my own car Audi A4 for the last 3 years and been a named driver on 2 other cars ( audi a6 & tiguan) since I got my license.

I want to get a BMW M3 or something like that (now I know some might say why do you need a car like that? It's my dream car and I finally have made enough to get one but cannot get insurance for it)

The best car I can get insurance on is a 2.0TDI Audi A6 with 190bhp, but for some reason I cannot get insurance on a 170bhp BMW 320d or 520d, was looking at other cars like Mercedes Benz CLS220d which has got 170bhp but still insurance won't cover.

I think I was told that the insurance companies classify car makes differently.

Is there any way I can get a better car?

or

Do I have to wait until I turn 25?

Thank you in advance

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement