Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool game at Anfield

• 28-11-2022 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭

Thinking of trying to go to Anfield for a Liverpool home game. Any game is fine

I have no contacts etc and mailed abbey travel....................the very cheapest option they have is 599 per person (1 ticket and 1 night in a 3 star hotel)

So for myself and 9 year old would be 599 x 2, plus flights, plus fuel, plus airport parking, plus grub etc etc

Probably looking at a very minimum of 1,600 euro to go to 1 game, saucy stuff.

I guess this question gets asked all the time, but are there any cheaper options like trying to find a ticket yourself etc

Post edited by obi604 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Was just about to ask the same question myself. Surely there must be a cheaper option.

Travel agents are a rip off. You'd get tout tickets for less.

Join Irishkop.com. They have a ticket exchange. There used to be a good thread on here too. Not sure where it has gone.

Note, exchanging league tickets has become trickier due to the new online system (no paper tickets or physical fan cards anymore).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Travel agent are just touts. Best to sign up for membership to try and get tickets, although that is still tricky as you are never guaranteed a ticket in the sales. If you use Facebook there are a number of genuine face value groups who often have raffles and sales for games.

You could try the likes of StubHub you will still pay over the odds for tickets and then sort out your own travel via Ryanair etc or the ferry and if you want to stay over night get a cheap b&b, hotel or hostel that will work out a lot cheaper than travel agents.

Advertisement