Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting on the social housing list

Options
  • 28-11-2022 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just a quick question,

I am looking to apply for HAP in the future to help with renting

To do this i need to get on the social housing list.

I currently have a 5 year old son with my ex girlfriend (never married)

Now theres no problems between me and her, I pay maintenance every 2 weeks when I get paid and I see my son 3/4 days a week depending on the week.

The social housing list form, is saying that I need an affidavit to prove we are legally separated, but im thinking, we have nothing to say we were even legally together, no paperwork, other then having a kid together.

Now I dont mind not sticking maintenance figures down on the form because I still dont earn enough to be ruled out of the housing list form.

But I do need HAP and thats my only reason for applying.

So do I actually need an affidavit from a solicitor to say we are separated and what agreements we have?

I am currently living with my parents and the house is cramped, i live in a box room that I share with my kid when he stays over and hes only getting bigger now as the years go on. I was renting previously but I had to move back home due to ex landlord selling and I just cant find a single place within my budget anywhere. I cant move down the country I would if I could but id never see my child then.

appreciate any help

I dont mind getting an affidavit but just seems like an unnecessary hoop to go through when im only looking for hap assistance and not actually a council house.

many thanks

2m

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,268 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Yes, it is a standard requirement.

Advertisement