Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65in tv choice, oled or full array led?

Options
  • 28-11-2022 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all,

12 years after choosing 50in Panasonic plasma, I am thinking of changing to a less energy consuming tv. Want to go to 65in to get a bit visual impact, but I have heard that plasma picture is hard to match. Will be using free to air sat, and hope to soon have fiber broadband. Samsung, Sony or LG, Samsung new to oled and expensive, like Sony, but is it worth more than LG? Any comments from experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭andy1249

If you are used to plasma then you want an OLED

I went from a panasonic plasma to an OLED , and for sure , technology marches on and plasma is now old hat that is beaten hands down by OLED tech. in every respect.

Energy consumption is way down on plasma from any modern set. Plasma was notorious for being power hungry.

Advertisement