Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance when no longer dependant

• 29-11-2022 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, son is 19 and has completed yr 1 of a 2 year college course and taking a year out to work so not in full time education currently but working fulltime and living at home.

My interpretation is that maintenance (court ordered) is no longer payable to ex as change in circumstances and order says payable as long as dependant. Is there a need to go back to court to rubber stamp this ( surely not ? ) or just advise and make the change?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I would agree, myself and my partner will be in a similar situation next year, stepson is 18 and doing a PLC course which finishes next year.

He is wondering if he is liable for maintenance for the summer months until he starts up college again (if he starts again) in September / October.

Seems to be a real grey area but my logic would be once you are paying during term time he is dependant, outside of that he has the means to work and make an income?

Advertisement