Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera sound 2023

Options
  • 29-11-2022 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭

€325 a ticket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

A lot i'd have zero interest in. Some good stuff and plenty i've never heard of.

Didn't know The Delgados were back. Would like to see them again.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sparks. Worth it for these alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

New Order added to the lineup.

Playing Barcelona on June 1st & Madrid June 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

This has 2 streaming channels on Prime Video. Confidence man was very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Anyone go this year. I heard the Barca leg was far less crowed than last year and back to more normal crowds, is this true? Did it even sellout? Was it cause of the big bump in ticket price and the F1 pricing people out of hotels the same weekend?

The way the festival was going and hassle of last year turned me off and they seemed to be moving away from the "chin stroker" type of music fan. But if its back to more relaxed again id reconsider not if the F1 is the same weekend though.

Madrid sounded like it would be a disaster cause it was too far out of town, long waits for shuttle buses etc. seem to be proven right.

Then the weather cancelled the first night and unlikely to be any refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

F1 is on next year same weekend as primavera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I was there this year in Barcelona and I had zero hassle all weekend. I was nervous based on what I heard about 2022 but it was fine.

It was comparable to when I was last there 9 years ago. Minimal if any bar and toilet queues. Longer queues for food but nothing outrageous.

My hotel was a 10 minute walk to the venue and was eerily quiet. I booked early but prices were insane the week of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭crl84

That was this year, hence crazy flight/hotel prices, and likely reason for not coming close to selling out, along with people not returning after last year's shambolic crowd/organisational issues.

No confirmation on date for F1 next year.

• Advertisement

hotel industry already acting that it’s all but confirmed. Friend asked about reserving room for next primavera and got that response

Hearsay nonsense so. Vast majority of hotels don't release bookings this far in advance anyway, and the ones that do put them at premium markups for people desperate to book.

Nah hotels situated next to primevera open up books for next year. Friends have locked in same hotels for years.

if you don’t think hospitality industry in a city doesn’t have inside scoop on likes of F1 schedule you are mistaken.

I've booked a number of hotels next to the Forum, literally across the road, and several only open bookings later in the year, usually around autumn, so that is 100% not the case.

You can get the same results if you try book hotels in Dublin, Marseille, or almost anywhere in the world a year in advance. Flights too. This is all pretty well-known to most people.

e: just had a look on hotels.com and booking.com and of the small number that do have bookings open, plenty have pretty reasonable rates, similar to previous years. These multi-national hotel groups must not have got the industry memo about the Grand Prix being on then....

Post edited by crl84 on

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Depends what you call reasonable. Been used to paying €75 or less ppn up to now but that is proving increasingly difficult.

At least one hotel in the area is not showing up on booking.com etc but is taking bookings on their website. I realise there are plenty of places yet to price up summer 2024, the problem is that when they do, the prices will be v high.

Whatever about F1, bcn hotels are definitely price gouging on PS dates whereas in previous years they were kind of oblivious to it.

Was at PS BCN this year and despite a weak lineup (by their standards) had a great time, was worried about crowding but it never materialised. As others have said, it felt like old Primavera.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭dav09

It was excellent this year I have to say, organization was much better than 2022 and everything was very smooth (apart from the main stage catching fire and main audio generator blowing within mins of eachother!) Pet Shops Boys, Blur, Depeche Mode, NxWorries, Kendrick Lamar, The War on Drugs, Skrillex/Fred/Four Tet stood out for me.

Early bird last year was like 195 I think, also trick is to book on the T4 24 hour tram line or metro opens at 6AM is another less ideal option. Bus goes to Plaça de Catalunya from the Forum too regularly. We booked our hotel only in March and worked out about 100 per night in total a 10 min tram from Parc Del Forum.

Cant post up the Tweet but the Radio Primavera account did raise questions about whether there would be a PS next year and mentioned lack of understanding from authorities etc. Seems there is a lot of friction between them and t local authorities and the Madrid leg was as much as a leverage tactic showing them could go else where.

Booked a free cancellation on booking for the craic anyway.

Advertisement