Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drone For Monitoring Sheep

Options
  • 29-11-2022 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys, just wondering is it possible to purchase a drone that could be flown remotely for sheep monitoring purposes, I live an hour away from the family farm and usually make the trip back every few days to check on the sheep, could I get my father for example to place a drone outside and let me operate it and do the checks on the sheep and let him take it inside safely afterwards, im sure it is possible but is at an affordable or justifiable cost? We have high speed Internet and are in a well connected area with excellent phone coverage, Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭franglan

Any update on this great question. In similar position where I live away from home, is it possible to get a drone which will dock itself, I can control as it flies the 2km from parents home to fields, I watch live footage, count cattle and it then returns to it's docking station to be changed for the next time I want to count cattle in Carlow while I'm in London!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

@TommieG90 @franglan - you should try a post in the farming section as well. There are a few members there who have drones and might have looked into what you are asking.

Advertisement