Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best mobile for the Elderly?

• 29-11-2022 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Just wondering if someone can recommend a good mobile for my mam who is 79 and is currently in hospital. She currently has a Dora 6030. A quick google search shows it came out in 2015. I was thinking of getting her the newer model 2024 but to be honest cant see any difference between the two. My biggest gripe with the 6030 is the volume button is on the sides and when my mam answers shes constantly putting her finger on it and turning the volume down and then cant hear. No matter how many times I say it to her...

Smart phone is no use as she wouldnt be able to use it so

Need a phone with buttons

Good sound so she can hear

good screen so she can see

She cant send texts so just need a phone easy to use for calls with buttons. Be handy to stick with a Dora if there is better models available

I have her on the 48 network too Regards

B

Comments

Advertisement