Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Estate - Best Options While Waiting for Wired Connection

Options
  • 30-11-2022 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Due to move in to a new build estate soon.

SIRO were supposed to be available upon moving in but apparently they aren't yet.

So looking at other options for the time being.

I was looking at Three's 5g plan. It gives you unlimited broadband and a technician goes to the property and installs an antenna or 5g receiver and I presume you get a router then for wireless broadband for the house?

I checked and see a Three mast is quite close to the development.

Am I correct in saying speeds should be decent with this option?

It would need to service the usuals - WFH two days a week, streaming a lot of TV, and possibly some gaming.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What speeds you call decent? https://www.three.ie/legal/terms/mobile-and-fwa-network-speeds.html, anything above is yours 😊

As far i can see, three supply two models for 5G depend on your location (presumably based on their coverage)

External unit ZTE MC7010 + technician/installer, and i am not sure how they sort WiFi part, there is some router to go inside (ZTE T3000 ?), perhaps someone could share

or

Internal unit ZTE MC801A

Their coverage checker will show if they offer 5G and what device they suggest

There are cases where you might get better speeds on 4G than 5G, as my own.

You should test before commitment, at least on the phone - speeds might severely vary per location and during day/evening. Find out what is return/cancellation policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Thanks for the reply.

Apparently the estate is being connected up this month and then from January proper fibre broadband can be ordered from service providers.

So, I suppose I can wait until then.

Advertisement