Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Likely cause of noisy vibration

• 30-11-2022 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Hello,

There's a loud vibrating sound coming from the pipework in my house - it started recently, and seems to be getting worse. I've noticed that when it's happening, it stops immediately if I turn on a cold water tap (even if I only turn it on a tiny fraction so there's a drip/trickle of water). We recently had an extension built and the boiler replaced, so I'm trying to understand if the issue might be related to either of those things. If so, I will contact the builder/boiler installer.

Thanks,

Ronan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭dathi

google "water hammer" it what it probably is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭youtheman

I had a kitchen tap (mains pressure) that had a slight leak. The noise through the house was unbelievable. Replaced the valve in the tap and hey presto, problem solved. If your noise disappears when you turn on your tap then it's highly unlikely to be the boiler. I'd be concentrating on a tap. It's likely to be something off mains pressure, so first thing I'd look at is the kitchen tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭meercat

Had a similar issue. Replacing the ballcock on the attic tank resolved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭monseiur

My money is on a faulty ballcock on attic tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Thanks for the comments/suggestions. No updates yet, but I will report back when we get to the bottom of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement