Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No search function in Boards forums and threads?

Options
  • 30-11-2022 5:45pm

Hi,

Unless I'm completely blind and I'm not seeing it, how come there's no search function in forums and threads on the new site? It can be a real pain in trying to find a particular post especially if you might remember a phrase or sentence from that post and you want to find it quickly. Instead you end up having to scroll through page after page to look for it. The old site had a search function so are there plans to bring it back?

Thanks.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

There is a magnifying glass up in the right hand corner, next to the bell icon. I don't make much use of it.

Cheers. Tend to use the mobile version on an ios phone alot and its there at the top of the thread. Doh! I deffo wouldn’t pass the Garda observational test if there is such a thing………

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

It exists. It's just that it's about as useful as a chocolate teapot compared to the previous boards.ie search functionality.

Just another in the long list of **** that was totally screwed by the "update" and won't ever be fixed.

Good job, all involved.

Advertisement