Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Superfast Value Broadband + Talk Unlimited vs. Pure Telecom Unlimited Broadband Bundle

Options
  • 01-12-2022 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hi All. Limerick City user.

I am moving away from Vodafone Home Fibre bundle (ADSL-FTTC), beacause their prices have gone up and they will not give me a meaningful discount. (disappointing after 15+ years as a customer - but there you go)

I am considering: 

Digiweb Superfast Value Broadband + Talk Unlimited 34.95 per month for first year (49.95 after)

or Pure Telecom Unlimited Broadband Bundle for 35 per month for first year (50 after)

Both packages seem very similar.

Both are a FTTC service for me.

Both use a Fritzbox 7530 

Calls will be VOIP

Question - are there any advantages or disadvantages of one over the other?

Support, speed of insatallation, hidden costs, discount etc

Interested in user experiences.

Thanks,

MtM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

anyone? Might take a chance on Pure.

What are they like at the end of the 12 months? Are either Pure or Digiweb likely to negotiate a discount for a second or subsequent year?

MtM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^

I'm with Digiweb - can't fault them.

I rang after the first 12 months about the discount and they applied it again.. that was 2 years ago....

Dunno if I was lucky and they'd do the same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Recommended Pure to quite a few people over the last 2-3 years and 2 family members have had non stop issues since moving to them in the last 12 months and customer support, or maybe their ability to resolve faults/issues has been beyond terrible. One of them was without any phone service for 4 months and Pure kept saying there was no fault despite pleading with their support to even attempt to call the number which would have told them it wasn't in service. 4 months it took someone to lift a phone and dial 8 digits to tell them the number wasn't in service and take the fault seriously. I ended up going with Digiweb for my own SIRO connection in September and they've been excellent. Customer service is good, no hassle porting in from Vodafone and they do a referral credit if you refer others to them which is handy if you end up a happy customer.

Advertisement