Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone find a Gore Shakedry on their commute this morning, s.dublin?

Options
  • 01-12-2022 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭

Anyone, anyone at all? Somewhere between Bray and D2 my Shakedry decided that it no longer needed to be in my rear pocket. An expensive departure.

Bray - Shankill - N11 - Cornelscourt - Deansgrange - Blackrock bypass - Ballsbridge - Baggot st - Merrion st ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Paddigol

S**T!!!!

I was on that exact route from Greystones, 7.30 - 8.30. Didn't see anything, but I did have the head down chasing e-bikers so quite possibly would have missed it. Hope you find it on way back... with a bit of luck nobody would be bothered picking discarded clothing up and it's lying on the route. Or better luck, someone did pick it up and reads this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

Success! A friend located it on the Blackrock bypass left on top of an ESB box. Credit card breathing a deep sigh of relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Delighted! Fair play to whoever picked it up and left it on the ESB box.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Especially as they're about to be discontinued. Gore will no longer be producing the material. Whatever was ordered by manufacturers a few months ago will be fulfilled so there'll be jackets for another year or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Given that a rolled-up Shakedry looks exactly like a bin liner, that was a great result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

What ESB box did you say it was on and ah... what size is it..? 😁

Thank god it was a medium Shakedry Stretch in ultra race cut. Whoever picked it up probably thought it was dropped by a child on the way to school!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

It's an expensive material to make and there's an awful lot in the world making manufacturing it even trickier it seems so they've decided to stop making it.

It's also tricky to work with by all accounts.

They may have something else lined up or relaunch it when things settle at some stage

I had an under armour version that I sold for about 100 quid last year. Still have my gore one though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Expensive to buy too. I'm sure it's great, but I would be too worried of a crash (or it falling out my rear pocket!)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Have heard the process to make it isn’t exactly environmentally friendly, lots of companies are saying they want to use less PFC materials cause of the environment impact, and that’s what shakedry uses

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd wonder if it is something related to that too. Mine came with a label saying tested for hazardous substances or something along those lines. I found that a bit odd as these are the types of materials that often come up when you talk about what might be harmful. Something with fantastic benefits - but if there is any risk or even hazard we probably need to ask if we really need it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

Very lucky, excellent jacket.

They're a phenomenal piece of kit, at an admittedly eye watering price. Have it since 2019 and it's one of those rare pieces of kit that from the very first wet ride you do in it, your perspective of that a wet weather garment can, and should, be changes. 1000's of km I've done with it in my back pocket here and abroad and this was the one, and hopefully only, time that it has fallen out.

Amazing, amazing garment. One that I would buy again tomorrow without hesitation. I'll be keeping a close eye on sales to pick up another before they're gone forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Advertisement