Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBI Sligo

Options
  • 01-12-2022 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Is anyone connected yet? Thoughts? Speed? We are lined up for availability early next year.

Currently with Imagine. Just did a speed test, 239Mbps download right now but it is pricy enough.

I am not complaining, just exploring future options and informing myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

From what I heard it is Fastom that will be providing the fixed line broadband when KN Networks install the line. The survey was carried of in the Cliffoney area yesterday. The technician told me that KN Networks would be installing lines in a month and a half or so.

I have looked at Fastcoms website but no prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I always assumed that once you had fixed line you could go with any of the normal providers. Vodafone / Eir / Sky etc and not fixed to a single provider. Either way its at least 2025 for me to be connected.

Can I ask how Imagine is working out, your D/L appears excellent any idea on gaming and does it slow down at busy times ?

I ahve been on 3 4g for a long time , was working very well but the cracks are starting to appear.

Sorry, I tried a number of times to reply to comments above but if there is a comment it won't let me reply.

Imagine is pretty good but pricey. If it goes down it is only for a min or two. They rang me today offering a discount of €10/month if I signed up for 18 months.

I want to here from those on the national broadband line. What are the speeds like? Is it reliable? And what prices are providers charging?

I am due to be connected this year so that's probably why they made the offer.

Imagine speed right now 49Mbps, a lot lower than when I did the test from the earlier posts.

Is nbi line consistent? What are the distribution companies charging generally? From what I've seen most are contact for more info.

Connection point is 0.46km from me.

Advertisement