Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭taramurf

We campervanned this year. We found a brilliant van to rent via to Goboony, which is a bit like Airbnb but for motorhomes. A UK mate picked ours up in Portsmouth on his way to Glasto from Brighton and we flew over to Bristol and got the bus down to meet him there.

Yes, the campervan site is a bit of a walk to the main entrance, especially if you arrive Thurs/Fri as you’ll be at the back of the fields. You need to be arriving on Tues/Wed to get the best pitches.

For me, the longer walk is completely worth it - you have a proper bed/sleep, loo, shower, cold booze and a chance to have a big fry up before you head in each day.

At the main entrance back in there is a Festival Lock Up (left luggage) tent run by CND so you can leave jumpers, rain gear, extra booze there to save you the long walk back during the day/night. It’s free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yes, the campervan site is a bit of a walk to the main entrance, especially if you arrive Thurs/Fri as you’ll be at the back of the fields. You need to be arriving on Tues/Wed to get the best pitches.

Not necessarily. I arrived on Tuesday afternoon once and got stung in E17. Bad buzz.

Also I found cooking in the van a pain in the arse and a waste of time. A morning wander around the site and a coffee/brekkie is a lovely thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭taramurf

E19-E25 are the Quiet Campervan and Accessible camper fields - bizarrely closer to the action.

I don’t mind cooking in the van - each to his own!

Yes indeed. I just dont like the extra walking tbh! That year in E17 killed me.

Although a van obviously means you dont have to carry ruck sacks, set up tents etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The campervan fields are not really much further from the middle of the site than some of camping within the fence, and once you go through gate C you are right into the middle of the market areas. Just the walk back up the hill can be a challenge, but I'd say it's still easier than negotiating a million tent guy ropes. I've been doing the campervan fields for years now, except for 2022 when I was tenting again. Far prefer the campervan luxury these days, but I am knocking on a bit now. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

They say its the hope that kills you!! Can definitely identify with this having tried for Glasto tickets for over a decade now with no success.

Gonna have another go in the coming weeks. Trying for tickets for myself and my son.

If anybody would like to join our little team of ticket hunters just message me with your name, registration no and postcode.

Up to 6 tickets can be booked. Everyone in the team will try for tickets and hopefully one gets through to book for all team members. We can sort payment for deposits after. Please message only if your are genuinely interested in tickets.

Please specify if you only want GA tickets or are up for going for coach tickets also. I will be trying for both.

Also, if any of the seasoned Glasto goers on here want to offer tips on getting tickets it would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jordo333

You may have com across this guy before but Dan Thomas on Instagram and YouTube gives loads of info on Glastonbury.. Might be worth checking him out to give yourself the best possible chance of landing tickets. Good luck

You need to pay the deposit when you book the tickets.

Theres no trick really. One browser and just keep hitting F5 every second and hope foe the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭sh89000

Well lads, 4th time attempting here. Just for myself and the misses. Am I right in saying you have to use credit card???

Haven't got through to payment befoe thankfully as I would have went mental if I got through then couldn't use a debit card 👍

Good stuff. Got one a few weeks ago to be safe 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭desk tidy

If you're hammering f5 manually beware the refresh limit of 1 refresh per second. I'm not sure of the specifics but I think if you refresh more than 60 times in 1 minute you get chucked out onto a fake holding/countdown page (which is indistinguishable from the legit one). If you can get an auto refresher set up on your browser then go for that. Set it to 1.5 or 2 seconds.

As far as I know the refresh limit is per IP address, so if you're trying from your pc/laptop at home then it's probably best to stick to one browser tab on that device on auto refresh. But get on your mobile on 3g/5g and manually refresh as well, as it will be on a different IP.

If you add strangers to your group you will have to take their word that they aren't in any other groups or have anyone else trying for them. If they are in another group and the other group has got through for them and you get a booking page your whole group will be locked out for I think around 5 minutes, maybe 10.

Hi guys.

me and herself are looking to try in coach sale and general sale if anyone is interested in bringing a group up to 4 or 6.

We are thinking bath, Bristol or Birmingham for coach sale but open to other options.

Then again on Sunday of we don't get anything tomorrow.

Give us a shout if interested and can sort registration info. Have ours on excel 

👍

Another quick one for anyone thats been successful.

Is the eircode space sensitive for the space after the 1st 3 num/letters

👍

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

DM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Ticket sale date pushed out two weeks as there were problems with peoples registrations being deleted. Very annoying on 4 hours notice.

Just seen it now. Something fishy going on there with the few hours notice.....they gave us plenty of notice and warning.....also now allowing people to make new registrations??

See tickets must have some serious **** on the eavis family because don't know how they still use their dogshit system

Chances lowered hugely id imagine now....fuming

• Advertisement

Seems a load of people fucked up and didnt re reg properly or deleted their reg and had a good old moan at Glasto. Who relented.

Actually, seems a load of people had their regs deleted too.

Post edited by The Nal on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

F*ck 'em. There were MULTIPLE mails reminding people.

Very p*ssed off.

To be fair I have no issue with them delaying to sort out the issue with people who had their details correct but were deleted(looking through replies on twitter alot of people had this problem).....thats an issue and would have caused a mess....

But the allowing people to register for the 1st time again after deadline is a bit of a kick in the balls

I dont think that will make a huge difference tbh. Most wouldve been reg'd already

Yeah, reckon they lost a lot of info. I mean I never saw so many mails asking us to confirm details. Bet they tried to recover what they lost right up to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So..... anyone having a look anyway just in case when the times comes??

I had seen a few posts on reddit in the last few days by people claiming they're reg was gone when they try to check it even though they'd verified the reg numbers before the deadline like they were supposed to. Now I suppose I believe them, I don't think the festival would pull a drastic move this at the last minute unless it was their fault or Seetickets.

Oh it's definitely worth confirming (I did). I guess they lost a load of data. Were probably trying to migrate to some new servers or maybe cloud to handle the load and something went a bit sideways. I doubt this is anything to do with Glastonbury themselves (As much as I ranted earlier). And is more of a technical ballsup

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Dua Lipa a headliner, she has never played a big outdoor show in her life.

Madge will do her karaoke show.

Advertisement