Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acting Up in Civil Service

• 01-12-2022 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi

I've been offered an acting up HEO spot in my department for minimum 6 months according to AP. Just wondering how it works with regards to pay? do I go on point 1 of the HEO scale immediately? I'm only in CS 2 years and most of my colleauges are same so nobody really knows for sure and AP was vague enough too so assume he doesn't really know either! Even googling it, it still isn't exactly clear.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

You will go onto the point closest to your current wage. You cant go onto a lower amount so will move to nearest your EO point.

Think youll be paid the difference as an acting allowance so your normal EO amount and on your wage slip will be the acting allowance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Augme

I think you also only actually received the money after three months, but it is all back dated from the day you sign the acting up contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I thought acting up roles had been done away with a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Kirbi

I think this may be the circular that applies - https://www.gov.ie/en/circular/6f6a4cfb97ee48e69db32eb669640b48/

Although I can't see mention of the 3 month wait, and Augme's definitely right about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭magicEye

i think the acting up is only payable now for doing the job for over three months, it used to be a month before. if anyone would have a copy of the newer circular, it's probably specified in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭magicEye

a search for "acting up allowance 84 days" will bring up some circulars, however they seem to be issued by specific departments rather than a general one for the civil service.

Advertisement