Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanye West endorses Hitler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

On on hand you ask people if they're psychiatrists with the things they are posting and then on the other, you know exactly what is inside Kayne's mind or his reasons for doing/saying things.

Therefore I'll throw your own question back at you, are you a psychiatrist?

I've heard people with mental illnesses say much crazier things than this. Had a friend going through an episode and he tried to burn my house down and was screaming about magicians, Hitler and souls. Knowing him before this happened, he was definitely not an antisemite or a practicing magician.

You cannot equate the things people are saying in the moment of a breakdown with what they 'truly believe' - that is an insult to anyone going through such difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

What a clown. He should have praised Mao or Stalin, or any of those nice genocidal dictators that people don't mind you praising.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Who in the Kentucky fried **** is praising Mao or Stalin without anyone minding?

I didn't know it at the time of posting, but Kanye did, and little was said. I think that proves my point in the clearest way possible. Very curious how you'll try get around that one.

While people on this site love to downplay the influence that Marxists have on society, the above proves that they've much influence, as their tyrants are clearly viewed more preferably than right wing tyrants, even though they've a far larger kill count.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

"Try get around?" Are you suggesting i'm a Mao or Stalin apologist? I very much mind people supporting genocidal dictators. Who was saying they didn't mind?

• Advertisement

No, I was suggesting that you thought that all tyrants were viewed equally, which would be nonsense, because it's clearly not the case. If that wasn't your intent, then I apologize.

Like my post just highlighted, praising Marxist dictators might make some people say "how can you believe that" but it will cost you nothing in real terms. Saying anything positive about Hitler though will literally ruin your life. We can draw similar comparisons to Marxists and Nazis in general. No one in society will say they are a Nazi publicly even if they are, but many gladly call themselves Marxists. This site alone has several Communist moderators. Do you think boards would allow a Nazi moderator? At the end of the day, they are both tyrannical ideologies that lead to death, suffering and misery, yet one is treated with kids gloves whereas the other is the face of evil.

Ah the old "the backlash against the backlash against Hilter" approach. Bold move.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,475 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

people who have known Kanye for years State he has always expressed positive views about Hitler.

Kanye west is a f** eejit , nothing more nothing less

this is about headlines

Hitler has all the star power for sure. People's grandparents went off to fight Hitler, Stalin was rehabilitated temporarily because from '41 onwards "Uncle Joe" was on the same side. Still, you ask for a list of genocidal dictators and Stalin will make it into second place more often than not.

As for making direct comparisons to Nazism, you're looking for Stalinism and Maoism, Karl Marx was a philosopher and he was dead before the turn of the century. You won't find any moderators on here claiming to be Stalinists. (I hope!)

• Advertisement

Fuentes seen here without Kanye last night, assaulting someone with a soft drink

Reportedly was assaulted with ketchup.

I watched as much as I could of the Kanye video and between him, Jones and Fuentes, Fuentes seemed like the sane one. But the bar was low and it was mostly because he wasn't talking nearly as much as the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The /r/kanye sub on Reddit is a sight to see today. Let's just say that few or no recent posts are about the twat himself, and are more like this:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

He offers no proof of either claim and I can't find anything on Google.

But frankly it's a weird thing to take away from this story, surely we can all agree that no one should be saying they "like Hitler". I see little to be gained by turning this into a left vs right debate.

I'll get around it because neither Mao nor Stalin were Marxist.

Stalin is widely considered a Marxist-Leninist despite the fact that he despised Lenin and the feeling was mutual.

Marxism in China died when Chen Tu-Hsiu was expelled from the CCP in the late 20s.

This is why learning history is important instead of parroting the last thing you saw online.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

His account is still suspended. I imagine if me or any joe soap did the same.. it would be more then just suspended.

It's an absolutely valid point.

Remember when that diabolical Labour MP, Diane Abbott, praised Mao for apparently "doing more good than harm" - and the left remained, and continue to remain, silent about the matter. This is literally a version of what West said about Hitler doing good things.

Worth reminding that:

The government during Mao's rule was responsible for vast numbers of deaths with estimates ranging from 40 to 80 million victims through starvation, persecution, prison labour, and mass executions.

Had Diane Abbott said the same thing about Adolf Hitler, we know what the reaction would be.

Why wasn't she tarred as a fascist by the far-left? Even to this day?

Hypocrisy in the extreme.

It could be that Hitler invaded Europe. Anything that happens to the west is always magnified in the West. Rather than some imagined left/right hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,618 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Completely whataboutery but also very bad remembering on your part. Abbott has been lambasted and lampooned for years over her crazy and extremist views, it's very hard to hide from your past as you well know.

Any leftie agreeing with her on these issues is also an extremist loon whose opinion can be discounted (although Mao's legacy is fairly complicated due to the length of his tenure in charge and increasing craziness to cling onto power).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭feelings

Fox news hosts praising Kanye for speaking the truth. I mean I know it's Fox, just jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

If Mao is a leftist why would Abbot be tarred as a fascist?

Fascism is a right-wing ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I wouldn't waste your time lad. Some people are impervious to a bit of knowledge.

I for one love and adore the Taylor Swift Holocaust Museum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,429 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Let he who hasn't endorsed Hitler cast the first stone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

What is this "valid point"? It's ok to praise Hitler because those who criticise you might be hypocrites?

That the same people rightly criticising Kanye West for his adulation of Hitler said nothing when Diane Abbott expressed adulation for Mao Zedong.

It's all points scoring, in other words.

If they truly cared about the principle, they would be consistent.

That speaks volumes about what they actually believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

Hope Kanye gets the help he needs, but he needs to move away from the guys on the right as they won't help him, only use him.

He must have had good support from kim/ kardashian family as seems like since then things have been spiralling a bit more than usual.

• Advertisement

That seems false.

His collaboration with Adidas began in 2013. As we've discussed in this thread, it's likely that Yeezy's refer to Ye + Nazi, and that staff at the time reported that West mentioned Adolf Hitler in glowing terms (as well as the use of Nazi symbolism within the Yeezy logo).

That is unlikely to be a coincidence.

Whilst his creepy behaviour of late may be a consequence of mental health, his relationship with Hitler and Nazism cannot be wholly reduced to that.

Advertisement