Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boundary, Laneway, Damp Wall, French Drain

Options
  • 02-12-2022 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a house with a laneway at the side.

The table end wall of my house is adjacent to the lane, and I have rising Damp due to surface water which is visibly pooling on the flower bed between my wall and the paved lane.

Do I have the right to dig this up and put a French Drain in? And remove any plants? Does my boundary end at the way, at the edge of my sophit or at some distance equal to foundation footing?

How about it I wanted to hand a satellite dish, out install waste / rainwater pipes out even an air source great pump?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is the flower bed on your property?

Where is the boundary?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lebigmacncheese

There is a lane down the side of my house, there's a flower bed right up against my wall around 1 foot wide between my wall and the concrete path in the gated laneway.

It's not 100% clear who owns the laneway from the deeds i believe, houses were built out the back of my house years ago.

So i don't know if my house / proprty ends at the wall or some distance out from the wall (related too sofit overhand or some standard foundation footing distance or something).

Either way, water from the lane is not being drained properly, so it's either my problem to resolve or everyone who shares the lane living in the estate behind my house.....

Advertisement