Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to boost Wireless Broadband signal

Options
  • 02-12-2022 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Further to a recent post and having no other option but Satellite Broadband which is capped. It seems Vodafone gives the best coverage here for wireless Broadband with a router. I tried Three and Eir Sims and they were really poor. I use Vodafone for my mobile. I don't suppose I would get away with just hotspotting. Or does the router also improve the signal?

Vodafone works... Kind of. So a boost would be great. Is the below worth buying. The Poynting-XPOL 2 5G Antenna. Or is there a cheaper option? Or is it worth buying at all?

If so how do you find out where the mast is. Or is it a case of trial and error?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poynting-XPOL-2-5G-Antenna/dp/B081QCWTZX/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=Poynting&qid=1670012578&sr=8-5

Answers

Advertisement