Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verification

• 03-12-2022 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6 King Daithi

Hi

has anyone heard of “fund verification” to prove your not money laundering ?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 King Daithi

Thanks Breezy !

it was Btcoint when I tried to withdraw funds and my crypto account was frozen so they were returned. I then tried to withdraw through coinbase but they weren’t let through unless I could do this fund verification to prove it wasn’t money laundering…….

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Perhaps one of those guys around here that claim crypto can't be seized, regulated etc... can help you They must have an answer......

The reality is that you can't introduce any funds into the banking system without it having been verified as not having come from a money laundering source. You are going to have to provide whatever documentation these institutions require in order to satisfy them that the funds are clean. Have they informed you of what they require? if not ask them.

Thanks

Yes

they tell I need to lodge the equivalent of the profit

anyone on here that knows how to make withdrawals or can advise on same ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Not sure exactly what this means but you would never have to lodge crypto or cash in order to verify funds are clean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

So true, the hoops a joe soap with a few bucks from crypto has to jump through to introduce funds to the banking system is quite staggering. On the other hand, if your in the drug cartel business or a Russian oligarch then there doesn't seem to be a problem there.

Thanks Breezy

Can you email direct ??

Any thoughts on how to get funds unfrozen ?

there’s no contact info on the site ….

Advertisement