Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long term illness benefit bonus

• 03-12-2022 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Announced by Heather Humphries yesterday that anyone on long term Illness Benefit (min of 12 months), will be eligible for Christmas bonus this year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

That’s interesting. You wouldn’t have a link to that? I’m looking and I can’t see anything. 12 months seems fair.

edited to add:

got it thanks. https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/7f04c-minister-humphreys-announces-payment-details-for-christmas-bonus/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Sorry wasn't able to attach link. But yes, 12 months seems fair. It was brought up that people (through no fault of their own, are unable to work) on long term IB should also be looked after in these tough times, particularly when not eligible for any of the 'cost of living' measures announced in the Budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,077 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

makes sense to give it to most on such benefits, directly benefits them and the economy, but.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've been raising this on Twitter for a number of weeks with the Minister and its great news, it seemed very unfair, especially given the wait time for processing Disibility Allowance 👌

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Great to see this happening- long overdue. Thanks to all involved.

I got exactly a third of the bonus with my regular payment on Wednesday. More to come next week and the week after. Badly needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭MissGriff

Hi, like others who I raised it , I sent an Email to Heather and dept at the beginning of November.....just to even get it off my chest at the unfairness of it and would she consider us etc.

Got a reply from an representation assistant with the generic bla bla, it's a PRSI payment, if your stuck go to CWO for supplementary payment. I wasn't surprised, but I brought up my situation, working all life, no others means, longterm etc and that their were many in same boat....hoped it might hit a nerve.

Anyway, I'm glad we're getting something extra now at least, but I must say I was slightly irritated in one sense to see her quotes..pretty much what I wrote. And I'm sure what others communicated too.

Ah sure aren't you great Heather🙄..did you come up with all that by yourself.

Thanks to everyone who pushed for it

Happy Christmas.

If only they'd extend the fuel allowance to those on long term IB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Fuel allowance is not paid to those on illness Benefit, this said an application for SWA with Illness benefit is possible but as a stand alone payment those on illness benefit don't get Fuel allowance.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement