Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Gigabox router change

Options
  • 03-12-2022 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi everyone

Just got Vodafone fibre to the home installed. I’m trying to use my own modem as the Vodafone one is not supposed to be the best. I am just having issues connecting it up. If I plug in my TP-Link archer directly to the wall socket, the router does not receive any “internet” (light for internet connection is orange, should be green) If I try and use the Vodafone modem as a bridge, I enable bride mode in the settings but again - tp link router does not receive any internet. Vodafone are trying their best not to help. I received some modem login from them:

Username : Serialnumber@vfieftth.ie

Password : broadband

Vlan ID  :10

I have no idea where to input this login. And if I want to use my own router, the internet is not being revived to enter these settings? 

Sorry for the long mess of a message. If any tech wizzes out there would like to share some knowledge that would be just great :)

Advertisement