Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered device query

Options
  • 04-12-2022 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Why is it not possible to have my home pc as a verified device? It is ridiculous to have to approve things on my phone when trying to complete a transaction. I understand the need for more stringent security and have no issue with that, but the system is now totally set up for mobile devices, ignoring those of us who prefer (or need to ) use a regular computer. I changed my mobile phone last week, it was approved within a few hours as my new device - great! So why can I not also nominate my home computer??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Good morning,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Strong Customer Authentication or SCA is an extra layer of security we’ve added to help make online card payments safer. It works through your mobile phone or tablet. To make a payment online, a notification would need to be send via the app. These notifications cannot be sent through a home computer. This is a European payment regulation.

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement