Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Push notifications

• 04-12-2022 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Has anyone else had issues with the Push notifications? Sometimes they send to my phone, most times they don't! Ive had to borrow other peoples credit cards to pay tax and insurance, I cant buy things online, I had to call customer care to transfer money I owed to another account because I couldnt do it myself because of push notifications. Ive tried everything to fix it, customer cares answer to everything is delete and reinstall the app!

Its always one thing after another with Permanent TSB!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

What phone are you using and have you applied all the updates for your phone, to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Teapot30

I have an Iphone 8, all updates are applied and I havnt changed anything so theres no reason why it should have just stopped receiving push notifications. I still get authentication code texts so really dont know what the problem is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Some apps are being put to sleep by the OS when not used for some time. I usually open a banking app (don't need to login) to make it awake before buying anything online. If that's not helping, then deleting app temporarily files/cookies can help. Reinstalling definitely can help.

Ive deleted and reinstalled it several times, ive deleted cookies and data, ive restarted my phone, ive made sure that all the settings are correct, ive had it open closed & recently closed, ive tried everything!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

If it was a general problem we'd have heard about it and there would be others chiming in that they had the same issue, so it unlikely to a system fault on the side of PTSB. Your phone is still well supported, up to-date and you have reinstalled the app a few times and again if it was a general problem we'd have heard, so it is unlike to be the issue either. Therefore it is most likely some kind of issue with the filter of the messages.

A few things you could check:

• You said some messages get through and some don't. So perhaps make a list of what gets to you and what does not to see if you can identify a pattern in which types are failing
    • Check your phone's notifications to make sure there is nothing set or unset there that might filter messages out
    • Check your online profile with the bank to see if perhaps there is an option turned on or off that might cause this.

• Advertisement

thanks I finally got it sorted out

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭headtheball14

I had the same problem with an android .I got customer support to revert it to send texts rather than push notifications as that worked fine.

Advertisement