Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

Surprisingly slushy in town (Dublin) at 1am tonight although it had been snowing off and on since 10pm...footpaths were skiddy. Got a taxi home to Ongar, Dublin 15 and everywhere was white out...lovely to see amidst the Christmas lights ..something magical about snow at Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Here's some shots from Tallaght, a very decent covering not gonna lie. (Flakes got on my lens in final shot thus the blue artefacts)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Catching up in the early hours. A real boards thread...

The cold is intense. Biting . I will be outside at first light and promise photos if the snow visits..With the scenery here even a dusting.. No idea what is going on outside. It is totally, deeply silent.

Thankful I have good neighbourly support here. We old wans!

Take care and be happy. Lovely enthusiasm..

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Missed the action last night but what a white wonderful surprise to wake up to this morning in D16.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Nice covering here in Sallins. Was not expecting that

Paths are going to be lethal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-6c at Mount Dillon at 0500.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Nice crisp roads up around the viewpoint and Military road in the dublin mountains

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Careful on the roads out there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lots of snow last night but temperature raised during it and all melted, too close to the sea here I guess, boo! Oh well, nice to see the pics on here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Nice layer of snow in Naas!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Nice covering here in templeogue. Could hear some melting during the night but all frozen at 5.30 am . Temp -.5 drove to maynooth -4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Paths and roads are like glass in Lucan. Seems it melted and re-froze. Have already nearly fallen twice trying to cross the road. Love to see the white magic though. Great pics @sryanbruen .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Heroes2143

A small dusting In Tinahely co Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hard frost here last night. Whatever fell as snow is ice this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Or you could just admit you got it wrong. Those who opened the thread saw potential snow coming and they ended up right. It’s ok to admit that

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not an official Met E station, but I see -7c being reported atm at Kerry Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Hard frost in Galway. Very pretty.

Well done to all that got snow! Magical pictures.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Drove Clane to Sallins this morning. Roads in a bad way. Sallins itself very icy roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

-6 in Thurles at the moment. Our garden looked amazing in the moonlight when I got up .. should have taken a picture. 🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ice roads this morning absolutely lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

-4 here feels like about -10. Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

@sryanbruen those flakes make the last picture..... absolutely stunning!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

-4C outside Tralee near the coast, the roads in general not bad but damp in places and glistening.

What a stunning dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Wouldn't surprise me .. i'm in Mid-Kerry and i'm currently showing -4.2c on my station

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Couldn't open the car door this morning. Bin lids frozen shut. Roads outside are total glass, thankfully don't need to drive until later this morning to an appointment, hopefully the sun will have done its job by then.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

All beautiful photos but the Drone shot….Epic!!

keeping thinking of you as the 13 year old weather expert bumping heads with the regulars here back in the day. Time flies. You’re probably in Uni now! LOL. Actually I’m here long enough to remember when Weathercheck was the 13 year old weather expert bumping heads with the old regulars and hes probably in his 30’s with a wife and kids now and works for Met Eireann for years now!

jaysus I’m old. LOL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Snowfall this evening in Kerry mostly over higher ground away from the coasts, could fall on lower elevations inland, possibly falling as rain along the coasts so could have icy roads later tonight tomorrow morning. Freezing quickly early evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Suitably jealous looking at those pics, enjoy! Freezing down here, have a very big bucket of water in the garden that froze partly on Tuesday, never fully melted and ice layer is now so thick the entire bucket is mostly frozen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement