Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Still -3 C outside Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Next snow risk for Dublin and other parts of the east coast looks like tomorrow evening and early tomorrow night. A weak trough making it's way south and steering in a northeast wind at the cloud layer behind in the evening so a few graupel/snow showers drifting on-shore again

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Never seen an effect like this before. It’s not Lense glare either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Interesting.

Drove near Roscrea on the M7 Earlier and from there to Nenagh is less frosty. Overnight low in South Laois was -4.5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

I believe it’s a Sun Dog? Caused by Ice-crystals suspended in the air.

Lovely shot !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Depends on how far you are going though, if the battery is running low then it's slow and cold driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

I’ve been waiting 12 years for a day like this. 😀 Just spent the morning hiking around Lough Boora. Still below freezing. Stunning winter landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Yikes, just saw the weather chart from Met eireann on an earlier post. -6.7 Markree Castle Sligo. Oh heck. Going to a wedding in Sligo tomorrow from Dubbalin and if anyone is in the area, an update on conditions would be very welcome. Thanks. (I know some weather folk don't like people asking these types of questions, apologies). Driving via Carrick and N4 near Boyle. Obviously!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Fog has just arrived here in Dunshaughlin and freezing fog at that. Temperature currently -1C, looks like this will be my first ice day since December 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Condor24

-6 on the dot minimum in north Offaly last night, and it looks like an ice day is likely. After all the mild stuff, our small feathered friends need help in this spell of weather, both food and unfrozen water. Looks like more ice days possible for another few days before mild weather returns.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Icon is showing temperatures remaining around 0C or below throughout the next 5 days. Could be Thursday before we see temperatures back above freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Not getting above freezing here in North Kildare. MOre if it to come too. All we need now is about 1 hour of solid snow and it'll give us a decent blanket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

My wife and daughter are sitting on a plane at Dublin Airport since 10am for a 10:30am take off. They have been told the earliest take off will be 2pm.

The delay is the queue for the single deicer truck. The German pilot is telling the passengers all the messages hes getting from the airport. Hes not a happy bunny. At point point he said the truck had to go off and get refilled and come back and at the point there was just nothing happening.

And the plane is already out of food!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lovely walk in the sunshine at 12oc. Meath 2⁰. Baltic when not in at least direct line of the sun. All crunchy and white with frost especially where sun can't shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Davis in south Laois is at -1.3c and fog persisting. If we get to around 2.45pm staying sub-zero then it should be an ice day - which I think would be the first one since the snow of January 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Nice walk in the park in Lucan at lunch, lovely and white here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Happened to me a few times in the past. Not in Dublin though. The problem is that as soon as the wings are de-iced, there is a time limit to be able to taxi out. I don't know exactly what the time limit is but if the controllers don't get the plane moving in time, you have to be de-iced again and then wait for another slot for takeoff. The specific time limit probably depends on temp etc.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

How come most things in Ireland are unable to deal with not just a few inches of snow... Now they are ill prepared for a bit of frost ... FFS

Anyone in the DAA check the weather??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

It's a different kind of cold out when its calm.

If there were any sort of breeze you'd be skint alive and it wouldn't be enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

I don't think It could get any better for Dublin today. Last night's heavy snow into today's blue skied winter wonderland!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lucylou35

My kid has just spent about an hour and a half outside with a plate of dog food feeding the birds. The birds are well fed bit the child is frozen 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭cobham

What sort of dogfood is that? the dry stuff? I dont know what I have in house that is best for them? what NOT to put out?

h

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Absolutely glorious winter's day in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Raining here in Carrick ffs, huge ice risk later

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lucylou35

Wet dog food is best. But in a situation when the ground is frozen and they can't get worms they will eat bread although it not the best for them but better than nothing!

I see big fluffy clouds off the coast of Dublin looking out from Sandymount. What's the chances they bring in a top up?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

clouds early today....

Post edited by Graces7 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Winds are NW, so those clouds are heading for Wales I am afraid. Our best shot is tomorrow evening/Sunday AM for now as winds in the upper cloud layer veer NE again (similar to last night), but it's not nailed down obviously, Kermit discusses it above.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement