Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Options
1798081828385»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yes it’s mild in Cork but it’s also very foggy or misty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Don't be fooled by these vastly increased temps, there are dangerous ice cubs still lurking out there today...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Omg what the hell is that from or did you purposely put water in and let it freeze like i would have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Back road between letterkenny and drumkeen was closed today due to widespread ice. “One motorist, who is stranded at the scene, said there are at least eight cars off the road there.”

One last hurrah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Was walking beside the Shannon in North Kerry today with temperatures around 13C . Just a couple of Meters above sea level . One side of me only meters from the sea and in the field on the other side of me only a couple of meters away there were ponds with ice over an inch thick. Just shows you how cold the ground got over the week gone by. Was surprised to see ice that thick today given the salty environment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

12deg this morning in Sth Kilkenny.

Condensation is the problem today !! And no colour coded warning for it !!

New Thread ? :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

21 degrees warmer this morning than Friday morning in Tullamore.

Mad stuff. Dark, wet and miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I really miss the white grass and trees.

The highlight for me were the night walks in the cold crisp air and the clear starry skies - especially the night of the meteor shower. Unforgettable.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Turloughmore is gorgeous but you have captured it here beautifully doing it justice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Pointless little fact. The cold spell which set on the 8th of this month sliced a massive 0.04c off the annual national mean for 2022 so far.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

As do I. I also miss the crunchy sound underfoot while walking through the rime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Massive low pressure will develop over the southwestern United States causing a rather extreme deep area of low pressure over the west by Friday and that in turn will push the higher pressure over Newfoundland and Greenland to carry the northerlys down towards us for Christmas eve but it's a head Melt because very mild area just to the south of us will also try push in so which one wins we'll find out by tomorrow or Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Commoner

Last week was the first time I had to use a walking stick on the footpath because I am 6' 4" (193.04 cm) tall and none of the footpaths were salted near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Apocalyptic out here. Like being back in Orkney,, which is the most extreme thing to say re weather,,

Suddden gale-driven hailstorms. Hurled against the windows with sheer force.

Bitter cold.. Stove lit and electric fire on. Live now pay later,, I pity anyone has to be out out here in this.

All happily snugged in ! No problems.

West Mayo offshore. met ie mention winds of 80 - 100 and I can believe it

And the sun is trying to come out.. lol.

Stay safe and warm.. Over and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Serious drop in the water levels across the country after all the frosty weather. The risk of flooding has receded significantly as we head towards 2023.

Athlone (draining Lough Ree)

Realtime waterlevel

Dangan (draining Lough Corrib)

Realtime waterlevel

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gale still raging and rain still battering the windows...

As a dear old lady I knew used to say, " It is down for the day!". or rather the week ...

Offshore Mayo. snugged in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: would be better to post daily observations in either the Winter thread or current weather thread please.

Will lock this thread for a couple of days and reopen as there may be stats to add later.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement