Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1981 ,what was the doll to have that Christmas ???

Options
  • 05-12-2022 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

My wife was 8 years when her Christmas present from santa was stolen from her mums car on Christmas eve in 1981 , does anyone know the doll that was one to have the years 1980/1/2 .

Santa never delivered a present that year . And I was going to surprise my lovely with the doll this Christmas.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

From memory my sister had Tiny Tears and Sindy around that time. Very popular. Not sure if they are still made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Around that time 1980 / 1981, my sister got Tiny Tears and First Love dolls.

I got Race & Chase. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

My sister got Tiny Tears around then. I remember, you put water in it and it cried. I wanted to dismantle it to see how it worked but there was no way that was going to happen. So instead I smashed in Action Man’s head to see how his Eagle Eyes worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Baby doll . Does that ring a bell with anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Baby doll . Does that ring a bell with anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,485 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Cabbage Patch dolls first came out in 1982, although I suspect they were very difficult to get hold of certainly for that Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ice Cream Doll

Advertisement