Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi Auto

Options
  • 05-12-2022 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Some searching returns no results that I can find, overheard, told informally Semi Auto centrefire is coming to an end, cant find anything official or any reason (I have not found Boards good for searching old or existing threads since it was "improved" but that's a seperate & different to my current enquiry).

Centre fire Semi Autos? I have been interested in one for some time, I shoot .22 and have a classic rifle, but lately I've heard this won't be possible, even without legislation currently in place. I dont see what has initiated this? There are competitions for some Semi auto type already?

Anyone any information on this, I'd say as expected all parties are aligned with this (none represent me anyway) so that's a dead end, possibly being undermined from within the shooting community too?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It's all covered in this thread.

Basically the proposed legislation, and by proposed I mean its a draft bill not simply an idea, will ban the licensing of all centerfire semi auto rifles back dated to 15th September 2015.

If you got your license after that date, even if you applied before it but only received the license after it, then these licenses stand revoked.

Anyone with a license for one before that date keeps them.

No change to rimfire semi autos.

As for legislation yet, correct there is none, but the date is set as above and when the legislation is finally made an Act it'll act retrospectively so it's a combination of lads not wanting to licenses something they'll lose and AGS most likely not going to licenses something that will be revoked in short time.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement