Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can society survive without strong manly men?

• 05-12-2022 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭

Does this signal how far society has fallen or is it a good thing for society?

Post edited by xzanti on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

whats the craic with the insecurity of some men! lads dressing like women, so fcuking what, this has been going on probably forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Uncharted2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They're just clothes, Helen Lovejoy, you can let go of your pearls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What is the modern world coming to?

Oh wait it's from 1971.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭getoutadodge

Was once a virtue....now a crime

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What's your problem? So clothes now, alone, define a person???? Get a grip would ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

There has been a push for quite a while to demonise masculinity somewhat. It is a little depressing but it's just a phase. There seems to be cycles

Edit* as @ThinkAboutIt says Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,490 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Yes, but can society survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh hang on, 1971 you say?

That being said, Harry Styles looks bloody ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

A nuclear holocaust will sort it out. Or zombie outbreak.

• Advertisement

It really depends on your definition of masculinity tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,490 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I bet that some people will complain that there's black zombies and female zombies or gay zombies and die screaming about the wOke!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It's an attempt to demasculate men and Rob women of their individuality and uniqueness.

The worrying thing is that it's becoming normalised and anyone who raises their head above the parapet and calls it as it is, is pounced upon and called a bigot or whatever else is needed for them to get back in their box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Let them lads wear whatever they want because it's not like they'd be the type of lads to foot a bit of turf or lay a few blocks

Why can't there be all types of men?

OK so if you're going to propose a conspiracy theory you need to tell us just who is behind this dastardly plan

NWO, UN, WHO, Soros, Deh Jews,...? 🙄

Scrap the cap!

Wouldn't have the guts to ask Bridie to go into the field with them for a feel or maybe a bit more, on the way home from the Ballroom of Romance

Scrap the cap!

Typical response from you and not worth engaging in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I am a man and I would not be seen phucking dead wearing a dress to be honest. I would look like an absolute Nancy and people would think I am some sort of a joke.....

But that is my personality and that is what makes me what I am. I am not a bad person for feeling that way. I see men in town dressed in drag all the time, it looks sexy and is a great pastime for them, I say fair play. But it is not something that I would prefer to do. That is me.

I would never consider wearing a skirt casually or anything like it. I have never worn a kilt either.

I do see opportunity for long, almost drape forms of Menswear to perhaps sneak into mode. For example something along the lines of a cape like a monk might wear, but less medieval, different colours and two pieces. But overly sexualising skirts on men etc won't take on. The very reason men drag is to touch boundaries, establish kinks and to fulfill passions. Most men are not into it, they don't feel the urge. There is nothing wrong with either.

I could see capes, or long skirts taking on, but anything associated with femininity is too open to ridicule by peers and will always struggle.

• Advertisement

So you don't think men are being demasculated and women are unique and a man can't become a woman etc.

Let every one be whatever they want so.

I identify as a brick. Don't dare disagree with me or you're being whatever derogatory term applies to you to put you back in your box.

No I don't - at least, nobody who doesn't want to be - but then you'll need to define what you mean exactly by masculinity and why there can't be other types and expressions of it.

This topic is just another excuse for the people who can't cope with the idea of other people living their lives as they wish to have yet another whinge. You'd think after the 2015 and 2018 votes they'd have had ample opportunity to get the fúck over themselves by now?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭notAMember

Open a history book lads. 1700's men wore tunics, frock coats , hose, etc. Go back further. Togas. Look to other cultures. Trousers are just another fashion piece. This is fashion, art, culture, self-expression.

This is only a problem for some people, because they think it's turning men into girls, and girls are somehow inferior. To be girly is an insult.

But it's nothing of the sort. It's clothing. It isn't mandatory castration.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Not a celebrity and showbiz issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement