Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Working family payment

• 06-12-2022 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi! I’m hoping to apply for the WFP as my husband has recently become unemployed :( I’m working part time after returning from maternity leave earlier this year (some unpaid leave after mat leave) Iv heard the WFP is only reviewed on a yearly basis. On the form it requests the year to date income, my question is are we better to wait to apply in January as he won’t have any income to take into account for 2023 (not claiming any benefits) or if I apply now will they take into consideration he is now unemployed or will they go by what he has previously earned for 2022

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shhk11

I'm nearly sure they go by the gross earnings of the previous year. I ended my maternity leave in May and went part time. I applied for WFP and had to appeal explaining my gross pay year to date and for 2021 included full time hours.

Just apply now OP as you will be back dated so the sooner the better you apply. Include a separate note explaining your husband is now unemployed etc - see what they come back with & appeal if necessary.

All the best x

Advertisement