Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery booster packs

• 06-12-2022 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭

Apologies I know this was discussed on some thread here recently bit I just couldn't find it. With cold snap approaching would be nice to have something on standby. My tractor/loader/jeep are all close to a power socket so what is the best product to use to convert 230v to jump a dead battery?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,615 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I know it’s not quite the question you asked but for the tractor we feed with over the winter we use a small battery trickle charger. Keeps the battery 100% charged but doesn’t damage it. That way the tractor is always ready and it prevents draining of the battery which seriously damaged them. It only takes a few times draining a lead acid battery before it’s totally compromised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Probably a jump leads to get going first of all.

And then a CTEK mxs 5 battery charger/reconditioner to see can you get the battery right after.

Just make sure and order off Amazon UK and not what I did off Amazon US. I then had to buy a US voltage converter to run the thing.

Right now this morning.⬆️⬆️

Advertisement