Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastech

Options
  • 06-12-2022 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

I flagged this a while back and sadly for a lot of vapers it's the end of an institution for vapers all over the world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

A sad day indeed .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Fasttech is only the tip of the iceberg I reckon. The new wide ranging taxes and laws on everything vaping related in China will have significant knock-on effects across the world. The vast majority of vaping hardware is manufactured there. I'd say only the really big operators will be able to comply and survive, even then I'd expect to see prices for hardware to rise substantially in western markets. It's a grim time for anyone trying to quit smoking via vaping. The golden age of vaping is over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Yes I'd agree with everything there, Governments,Pharma and Big Tobacco will eventually make it impossible for companies to manufacture and supply due to regulations and taxes. Vaping will eventually become impossible for anyone to access that wishes to stop smoking due to either prohibitive cost or lack of availability.

Governments will regain their tax for tobacco products,Pharma will regain their sale of useless nicotine replacement products and Big Tobacco will continue to supply their range of products.

All happy except the person that wants an alternative to smoking and the medical professionals that are inevitably going to have to deal with the rise in smoking related issues.

Ironic that we clamber to ban turf cutting and the burning of smokey fuel and yet we do nothing to help people trying to stop smoking other than provide useless patches,sprays etc which are totally useless for the majority of people.

Advertisement