Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traffic on Ballysimon road

• 06-12-2022 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Will be starting job off Ballysimon road and just wondering what is best times morning and evening to avoid heavy traffic.Will be coming from Mungret direction.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭phog

If coming from Mungret then I'd use the motorway to the junction with the N24 & head back in towards town. Getting onto it at Mungret roundabouts could be a pain though.

I haven't been on the Ballysimon Rd for morning traffic since before Covid but depending on where you're heading you could turn in by B&Q then use the old Ballysimon Rd and in the industrial estate where the NCT center.

Another option would be to turn right at the N24, exit for Morrison's pub from the roundabout and then head back towards town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks i would be heading towards Groody road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You'll be grand, I use the roundabout there by Conlans/Northern Trust at around 8am and 5pm every day and basically when coming down off the motorway you will be fairly quick. Now if you're heading as far as the Groody roundabout then that is where it get interesting as from just after 8am to 9am it can be really built back. I normally just get through there around 8am as it starts to build.

If your job is "just" of Ballysimon road and towards the Groody link then might it be Northern Trust or AMCS, or the construction site I guess. If so I see them filling up the car park around 8am, same for building site, and never an ounce of traffic around there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks ,will try be be there before 8 if possible.

Advertisement