Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house and mystery connections

• 06-12-2022 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

My mom just moved into a house and we're still working out what is what in the house - is this a connection for a broadband or cable TV setup?

Does it mean she can get the cable TV or internet without new wiring being ran into the house?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

That's a Virgin media box so you should be able to get broadband & tv with next to no effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Thank you, that's a relief. Do we need a special number like the electricity meter point reference number or would they be generally be happy with the house address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Glaceon

They just need the address or Eircode.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just give them a call tomorrow and they'll take you through it all.

If you look at their website, there is a tool that tells you what services you can get at your address but I reckon you'll be a me to get phone, broadband & tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Thank you folks, that's one less worry for her with the house

• Advertisement
Advertisement