Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant SLR 2 42 DISC wheels compatibility

Options
  • 07-12-2022 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Howdy all, I just got a great deal on a pair of these wheels but agreed and paid for them with little thought of compatibility. I run Campagnolo. Officially giant doesn't offer a freehub for campag, but I do remember that older giant wheels did use DT Swiss internals. Is that still the case? Could I get a DT swiss freehub body?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

If it's 11 speed, then an 11 speed Shimano / SRAM cassette should work with Campag. Might need to adjust the derailleur but you should be ok. A friend is running a 11-speed Shimano 105 wheel on a Campag SR bike without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,686 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah the spacing on a shimano cassette should work fine with campag if it's 11 speed.

Interestingly, the giant website for the SLR 2 36mm model mentions the hubs are campag compatible, I wonder what the difference is

SLR 2 36 Disc Wheelsystem | Giant Bicycles Ireland (giant-bicycles.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

i've done the same in a pinch, swapped out my wheel DT swiss 23 spline (12-29 chorus cassette) for Fulcrum 3 (11-28 ultegra) from another bike running 6800

...Heresy I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Thanks for all the advice. It's much appreciated.

Advertisement